Smith & Fawer has developed a reputation for providing creative answers to difficult problems. As such, the firm is often sought out by corporations and individuals who require the firm’s particular expertise and insight. Whether it be the trial or arbitration of a dispute, or an attempt to reach a favorable alternative dispute resolution short of trial, the firm has the courage to do battle for its clients and the sophistication to reach creative results for its clients short of actual trial.
Typical matters handled by the firm since its inception in 1995 include the following:
- Representing commercial property interests in matters involving tenant disputes, property insurance claims, and tax credit litigation;
- Representing corporations and individuals in corporate governance disputes, suppression of minority shareholders, contract disputes, breach of fiduciary duty litigation, and mergers and acquisition litigation;
- Representing landowners and businesses in expropriation, appropriation, and other eminent domain proceedings arising out of the taking of their property or businesses by the state or federal government;
- Representing individuals and corporations that have been damaged by professional malpractice of attorneys, physicians, accountants, insurance agents, architects, contractors, and other professionals;
- Representing individuals sustaining catastrophic personal injury, either as a result of defective products or conditions or the negligence of others;
- Representing both creditors and debtors in disputes arising out of the commercial lending of money;
- Representing corporations and individuals injured as a result of conduct that violates the state or federal securities laws;
- Representing specialty lines insurers in complex commercial litigation and in suits brought against them by their insureds;
- Representing spouses attempting to divide large community property assets;
- Representing manufacturers, distributors, and other holders of intellectual property rights in trademark, patent, licensing, and franchise litigation;
- Representing heirs in complex trust and estate suits;
- Representing businessmen and public officials accused of violating state or federal criminal laws or administrative regulations;
- Representing businesses that have suffered losses caused by public corruption.
Because of the diversity of its practice, Smith & Fawer, L.L.C. is often called in to assist both corporations and individuals with problems that cut across many fields of law. Its practice is not devoted solely to representation of “Plaintiff interests” or “Defendant interests.” The firm works for all of its clients to produce results. If you have a problem, the firm will do its best to create the right solution for your interests.